Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ultraman Florida is this weekend



It's the second year for the event, and it's a full dance card of 40 athletes: 35 men and 5 women. I've heard a few names dropped as strong contenders for the men's race. I'll be impressed to see if they can keep up with Christian Isakson. If they can, it will be even more exciting to see if they can break Chuck Kemeny's finish time of 21:38:32 from last year-- the fastest ever finish on any Ultraman course. Chuck is a Florida native but is skipping a title defense this year. According to the grapevine, he'll be racing the World Championships in Hawaii this November. That ought to make for an interesting competition, because I hear someone else who raced against Christian in Canada is also planning a run at the title. I'll have a lot more to say about that when I know for sure.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete